- About Us
- Our services
- Our approach
- Our environmental policy
- Our accreditations
- Our clients
- Principal Designer CDM
PRC Architecture and Planning is a medium sized architectural practice founded in 1985 by it’s current directors.
The practice works throughout the UK and internationally across a broad range of sectors.
PRC offers architectural design and planning advice supported by masterplanning and interior design.
A successful business over many decades based on repeat clients and a philosophy of marrying design vitality with commercial viability.
Concept and Architectural Design
On site supervision
We seek to:
- understand our clients needs and aspirations
- share and enhance their vision
- exceed their expectations
- design with flair and practicality
- create attractive, sustainable and commercially successful buildings
We are committed to the protection of the environment and to sustainability in both our design work and in our own operations.
Our practice aims to promote these policies in all of our activities and projects:
- contribute to building a sustainable society
- take a leadership role and apply professional and responsible judgement
- use resources efficiently and effectively
- look beyond compliance with codes and legislation
- minimise adverse impacts on people and the environment
- research and develop our sustainable principles
- continuing professional development of all
RIBA Chartered Practice
ISO 9001 Quality Management Accredited
Royal Town Planning Institute Membership
Our clients include:
Aberdeen Asset Management
AK Property Investments
The British Home
Canal & River Trust
Commercial Estates Group
Frimley Park Foundation Hospital
Hermes Property Management
Richmond Care Villages
Royal Berkshire NHS
Scottish & Newcastle
Sheffield Business Park
Signature Prime Property
St Francis Group
St Mowden Properties
Principal Designer CDM
The CDM Regulations 2015 brought with them the new dutyholder, the ‘Principal Designer’. The regulation states that the PD has to be a designer, making PRC ideally placed to provide the service.
The Principal Designer (PD) has an important role in co-ordinating health and safety during the pre-construction phase.
Where PRC Architecture and Planning have a design input on a project, we can perform the role of Principal Designer. Or we can offer CDM Advisory services to assist Clients, Designers or Contractors to comply with their duties.
Our qualified and experienced staff have covered a wide range of CDM projects over the years from the smaller projects through to major multi-million pound schemes.
Our method is to take a realistic and ‘hands on’ approach to the CDM regulations, with a great deal of effort being levelled at the early design stages to ensure that there is adequate dialogue between all the relevant parties.
Our service includes:-
- Issue and manage the F10 notification on behalf of the client.
- Advise on and or collate the project Pre-Construction H&S Information Pack on behalf of the Client / Principal Designer for issue to the project team.
- Advise on design mitigations, undertake risk workshops.
- Review designs to ensure compliance with CDM 2015 hazard elimination and risk reduction ethos by all designers.
- Liaise with Principal Contractor over information for them to prepare the Construction Phase H&S Plan.
- Advise on and or collate the project H&S File