We are looking for a talented Town Planner with Urban Design experience.
You will be providing a comprehensive planning consultancy service to clients including the preparation and submission of planning applications and appeals, planning application coordination with design teams, representation of clients at hearings and feasibility advice, and preparation of planning statements and design & access statements. You will be part of a team with one other Planning Consultant (Senior Associate Director); PRC is a collaborative company and welcomes you to join all areas of the business.
We are seeking a town planner with a minimum 2-3 years post qualification experience within either the public or private sector. IT skills and a driving licence is essential.
- Preparation of planning applications and supporting documents, in particular Planning Statements and Design & Access Statements
- Provision of planning advice to external and internal clients
- Attendance at site visits, client meetings, committee meetings, appeals and public consultation events
- A relevant planning degree
- Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Relevant post qualification experience in a planning role
- A sound, in-depth knowledge of up-to-date planning law and procedures
- Capability to work alongside and co-ordinate a range of technical specialists providing input into planning submissions and Environmental impact Assessments
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills.
Relevant Skills include:
- Microsoft Office (essential)
- InDesign (essential)
- Photoshop (essential)
- AutoCAD / Revit (preferred but not essential)
Woking or Milton Keynes
A relevant planning degree